Spiritual Companions Educators deliver the diploma course and introductory courses.
DIPLOMA IN PRACTICAL SPIRITUALITY AND WELLNESS
Ofqual Register: Crossfields Institute Level 3 Diploma in Practical Spirituality and Wellness (VRQ) Qual No: 601/8673/2 Sector Subject Area: Health and Social Care
This is the first UK qualification integrating spirituality and healthcare to be on the Ofqual Register, the government overseer of qualifications.
• LONDON Autumn 2017. FULL. WAITING LIST ONLY. More info click here
• FINDHORN Autumn 2017. More info click here
• LAMMAS CENTRE, PEMBROKESHIRE Autumn 2017. More info click here
• HARROGATE Spring 2018. More info click here
• BIRMINGHAM Spring 2018. More info click here
• SWANAGE RETREAT CENTRE Spring 2018. More info click here
• HAWKWOOD COLLEGE, GLOUCESTER Autumn 2018 Link to come
• Learn about the health benefits of spiritualty
• Develop your own spiritual health practice
• Help others
• Gain a professional qualification to give person-centred and holistic spiritual support and pastoral care.
• Become part of a professional network with peer support, insurance scheme and ongoing CPD.
• Set up an independent practice.
• Work professionally or as a volunteer in multi-disciplinary teams e.g.: hospices, hospitals, schools, colleges, prisons, etc.
• Integrate spiritual health into your current career.
• Acquire practical strategies and concepts that can immediately be shared with others.
• Strengthen your physical and psychological wellbeing through a daily spiritual health practice.
• Support friends, family and colleagues through improved relationships, communications and caring skills.
• Develop a meaningful lifestyle of mindfulness, compassion and service.
The course consists of four units:
1. The Science and Context of Spirituality and Healthcare
2. A Person-Centred Approach to Spiritual Practice
3. Reflective Practice to Support Mindfulness, Compassion and Self-Care
4. Giving Spiritual Care in Daily Life
For the full course specification (in detail, in depth) click here:
Introductory Courses by SC Educators
For Introductory Courses you need to visit the individual educator’s webpages. For a brief overview of our educators visit Spiritual Companions Educators
‘Spirituality emphasises the healing of the person, not just the disease. It views life as a journey, where good and bad experiences can help you to learn, develop and mature.’ Royal College of Psychiatrists
‘I’ve been privileged to have had access to ongoing personal and professional development throughout my career, but the Spiritual Companions course has had more impact than any other. I am more able to be fully present to any situation, better understanding both the implicit and explicit dynamics, and knowing how to act from a place of compassion. More importantly, I can resource myself through my own connection to the wonder and energy of life and to my inner wisdom, which gives me greater resilience. It has enabled me to bring a sense of love and meaning to my life and my work.’ Sarah Jane Williamson, Associate Director of Strategy and Delivery, Rethink Mental Illness
‘Before the course I had done lots of personal development, therapy and awareness work, but on some level life was still an effort and I was living in tension. Through the teaching of simple and accessible meditation practices the course helped me to become more grounded, more kind, more loving — more me, more of the time. It helped me to establish a daily spiritual practice of my own which I’d never really managed to do before and I learned the value and joy of service and just being kind to people.’ Pete Brown, IT project manager
‘Overall, the course was a blessed, safe oasis giving me time and space to be and reflect, empty and stretch, expand and deepen connection and spiritual practice. It was a blessing too to learn and share with the same group of peers on a regular basis. Alongside this, the commitment of an ongoing rhythm and group accountability and encouragement were invaluable. The holistic nature and breadth of the material covered in a spirit of exploration with a warm, generous, experienced facilitator transparently consolidating alongside us. And of course, a wonderful opportunity and gift of practising spiritual companionship and embodiment.’ Ila Mazumdar, primary school teacher
‘This course taught me to fully connect with my higher self and the universe around me. It has enabled me to develop a daily practice of connecting with the wonder and richness of life, which has in turn hugely enhanced my wellbeing and the wellbeing of those around me. My spiritual development was on the ‘back burner’. It is now fully on the ‘front burner’ and has become embedded in me as part of my daily life. This course fundamentally changed my life for the better on many levels.’ Diana Brown, administrator
‘What I got from the course was a beautiful deepening into spiritual practice leading to a far clearer idea of how this can be of service. I now find myself very comfortable sitting with pretty much anyone and simply being with them, with their beauty and with their difficulties. As a few more layers of my own pretense have been stripped away I can meet others from a more real and loving place. And I guess I also developed a quieter confidence in my own spirituality. What a wonderful experience!’ Phil Roberts, leadership facilitator, coach and mentor